Charlie Kirk is climbing a mountain with a lot of slippery slopes, crevices, and potential avalanches.
Who is Charlie Kirk and what does he want? Kirk is the visionary Founder of Turning Point USA, a campus centered 501 (c) 3, organized June 5, 2012.
Meet Charlie Kirk – a baby-faced warrior
Like all visionaries, Kirk is focused on what lies on the other side of the mountain. His mountain is a vision of liberty stemming from the empowerment of what iVoteAmerica affectionately refers to as “The Next Generation of Conservatives®.”
Mr. Kirk, a disarming apologist for limited government, is a baby-faced warrior (I mean no disrespect) whose mission is to invade America’s institutions of higher learning where he can dislodge and activate young conservatives.
Captain Kirk’s Mission and Vision
The mission of Turing Point USA, (“TPUSA”), is to identify, educate, train, and organize students to promote the principles of freedom, free markets, and limited government. Sweet music to my ears.
TPUSA lays legitimate claim to being the largest conservative campus group of its kind. We suspect this is accurate. Turning Point’s website articulates Kirk’s vision:
- Educate students about the importance of fiscal responsibility, limited government, and free markets. With innovative messaging techniques and strategic outreach methods, TPUSA is able to educate thousands of college students each day.
- Identify student activists in every corner of the country who believe in limited government and individual liberty. TPUSA activists are the community organizers of the right.
- Register students to vote. TPUSA has helped thousands of college students apply for voter registration and access vote-by-mail ballots.
- Empower young activists to get involved in the fight for free markets and limited government. Through building strong campus networks, organizing conferences and training workshops, and equipping activists with the knowledge and strategies needed to combat the left, TPUSA empowers young people to make a difference within their own campus and community.
- Organize young activists in chapters and networks on colleges across the country. TPUSA believes there is strength in organization, and our activists work tirelessly to build grassroots networks on every college campus in America.
- Mobilize students who believe in free markets. Email lists don’t mean anything if they aren’t used properly. TPUSA mobilizes its activist networks to get involved in activism, issue-advocacy, public policy education, and grassroots organization.
In action, I find Charlie compelling, both as a person and an advocate for liberty, free markets, and my personal favorite, limited government.
Who is the party of youth and diversity? We are the party of youth and diversity, not the Democrats. – Charlie Kirk
Kirk is a passionate proponent of lowering the political age barriers and misconceptions. Perhaps more than any other person on the political scene today, he is actually creating a message that attracts high school and college students to the empowerment of conservative principles.
Kirk’s Growing Influence
Charlie was invited to address the 2016 Republican National Convention held in Cleveland, Ohio. This extended his exposure further into the Republican culture.
The organization has a presence on more than 1,100 high school and college campuses and I am impressed with the messaging of its members.
TPUSA encountered liberal bias on campus, literal hostility to its presence. What did Kirk do, he supported the creation of an online “Professor Watch List” to identify and demonstrate the liberal positions and indoctrination taking place in publically funded higher education.
Here’s Mr. Kirk in action on the O’Reilly Factor:
iVoteAmerica’s Commitment to TPUSA
As an organization, iVoteAmerica supports and endorses Mr. Kirk and the work of TPUSA. Indeed, we share TPUSA’s commitment to liberty, conservative principles and free market capitalism.
Most importantly, we endorse Charlie Kirk, the TPUSA campus chapters and tens of thousands of young conservative who are indeed “The Next Generation of Conservatives®.
Read my interview with Reed Ferguson, a TPUSA member: CLICK HERE.
Watch Reed Fergusen’s video entitled “The Moral Arguments for Capitalism”: CLICK HERE