iVoteAmerica Supports a Convention of the States
Stop the Growth and Control of Government!
Article 5 of the United States Constitution grants the States a right to amend the Constitution. This right is separate from the right of the Federal Government to create Amendments. We now know that our Government will not fix itself, nor will it address the issues that give it unbridled power and control.
Mark Levin and Governor Greg Abbott
Mark Levin – Article 5 – Convention of States
Governor Greg Abbott – Convention of States
Levin’s Liberty Amendments
- Impose Congressional Term Limits
- Repeal 17th Amendment, Return Senate Elections to State Legislatures
- Impose Term Limits for Supreme Court Justices & Restrict Judicial Review
- Require a Balanced Budget and Limit Federal Spending and Taxation
- Define a Deadline to File Taxes as One Day before Next Federal Election)
- Subject Federal Depts & Regulations to Re-authorization & Review
- Create a More Specific Definition of the Commerce Clause
- Limit Eminent Domain Powers
- Allow States to More Easily Amend the Constitution
- Create a Process where 2/3 of The States can Nullify Federal Laws
- Require Photo ID to Vote and Limit Early Voting
Article 5 of the United States Constitution
The Congress, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the legislatures of three fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other mode of ratification may be proposed by the Congress; provided that no amendment which may be made prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any manner affect the first and fourth clauses in the ninth section of the first article; and that no state, without its consent, shall be deprived of its equal suffrage in the Senate.
If you're happy with BIG Government, then ignore this!
Good Choice...Let's Get Rid of Big Government